There are some days when I just do not know what I'm going to write about. It's kind of a weird thought that blogging only accounts for about 5% of what I do on a daily basis. More often than not, I come up with a blog post idea and think, "That's it, Carly.... the well's dried up. Nothing left. This is the end!!!" And then something else comes to me the next day. I've always kept a running list of blog ideas. In college, it was in a notebook by my bed and now it's just on my iPhone.
I thought it would be fun to put together a list of fifty ideas... to inspire myself and to inspire you, too. Writer's block can certainly be a pain! Here's my fifty:
1. Somewhere you've always wanted to travel to
2. Your favorite book/show/movie growing up
3. The best piece of advice you've been given
4. A hard choice you had to make
5. What's your favorite trick/hack that your mom taught you
6. If you had to choose one outfit to wear for the rest of your life what would it be
7. Share your bucket list
8. Post five pictures from childhood and tell the stories behind them
9. Write a letter to your future self
10. Give yourself a challenge and document the process
11. List 10 weird facts about yourself and ask your readers to do the same thing
12. A day in the life
13. Share an article or book that really made you think or changed your mind about something.
14. Ask your readers to help answer a question for you ("What's your favorite easy recipe?")
15. Do a Q&A with someone you admire
16. Make a list of your favorite books
17. Wear one piece of clothing five different ways for a Monday-Friday post
18. Review your "can't live without" beauty products
19. Put together the ultimate wish list
20. Swap your blog with a friend for the day
21. Explain a tip or trick that you use every day
22. Try something new... Like a video blog!
23. Post three things that are currently inspiring you
24. Write a public thank you note to someone you know
25. Put together funny/embarrassing photos that you otherwise wouldn't share
26. Share your favorite artists with your readers
27. List your favorite family traditions
28. Do a collage of a color combination that you currently love
29. Tell your readers a secret you've never shared online before
30. Test a few recipes or crafts from Pinterest and share the results
31. Share the most-worn thing in your closet
32. Embed the cutest viral videos you've watched
33. Find and share 10 cute things under $10
34. Tell a story that's been passed down through your family over the years
35. List your favorite restaurants and to-dos in your city
36. Explain why something was the best or worst "splurge"
37. Do a roundup of your favorite bloggers or Instagrammers
38. Share the last five things you've purchased
39. Post a tutorial on how you do your everyday makeup
40. List out your nightly or morning routine
41. What do you keep on your bedside table
42. Favorite drug store buys
43. What advice would you give your 16 year old self?
44. Put together a mood board/collage
45. Do a "how to" post
46. Share your earliest or favorite memory
47. Post an easy-to-wear, but chic outfit
48. List your favorite quotations
49. 10 things you learned from .... [college, running, moving across the country, etc.]
50. The story of why you started your blog!
Any other great blog post ideas? How do you keep track of your ideas?