I saw little wine glasses with Lilly fabric on ebay a few weeks ago... I thought to myself that it would be relatively easy to make... But what to decorate? Shotglasses... for the over 21ers, of course!
How adorable would these be for a twenty first birthday present???
So I did a little research online and thought long and hard about which process I was going to follow. I took a little bit from here and there and this is the final product!
What you need:
Shot glasses (or wine glasses, or plates, or whatever!)
Mod Podge (I used the Satin Finish in the orange tub)
Sponge paintbrush (they look like a sponge on a stick)
- Lay the newspaper down on a flat table in a well lit room.
- Pick out a section of the fabric that you want to glue to the glass.
- Carefully cut it out to the size you want.
- Dip the sponge end of the brush into the Mod Podge.
- Coat the WRONG side of the fabric in the glue first and place and position it against the glass where you want it.
- Redip the sponge into the glue and coat the fabric on the glass. Make sure you get the ends very well to prevent fraying.
- Repeat 1-6 until you are done with every glass.
- Even if the glasses aren't completely dry, go over them again with one or two coats of the glue.
- Allow them to dry for at least three hours.
- If you decide you would like a harder finish after they dry, coat them two or three more times.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- The glasses should only be delicately hand washed. Key word being delicately!
- If you want perfect lines, create a template that has a curved in top and bottom so that it wraps evenly around the glass. Practice a few times with paper to make sure it lays correctly.
- Only use shot glasses if you're over 21!
- Search places like Bed, Bath, & Beyond for different shapes of glasses... They have great sets that when given as a gift alone are boring, but jazz them up a bit and they're fabulous!
I LOVE the turtle! I think it looks so adorable!
All lined up!