If the weather permitted, I'd wear skirts and dresses year round. But unfortunately, it just gets way too cold and I end up wearing jeans almost every day.
I really dislike getting in the rut of wearing the same thing over and over again...
Sweater (cable knit, quarter zip, cardigan)
Jeans (boot cut, skinny, jeggings)
Boots (riding, wellies, duck)
It gets old. Really quickly.
So, to challenge myself to not get in the rut of this "uniform," I put together some looks on Polyvore. Hopefully this will provide inspiration for the next few cold months....
Straight Leg Jeans:
1) I love fleece vests. I paired the more outdoorsy Patagonia vest with sparkly Kate Spade flats to mix things up.
2) For outings (dinner, movies, dates, etc.) it is sometimes just too too cold for skirts (even with tights). Cropped metallic jacket over a tank top with fun pumps.
3) When you want to be a little more comfortable: I have an absolute obsession with Fair Isle sweaters, and this belted one is no exception. Picture it with a long sleeved black shirt underneath. And pair with fuzzy moccasins.
1) Fur vest + long sleeved tee. You could easily hide warm socks under the skinny jeans and pull off the heeled oxford shoes. Love the femininity of the colors.
2) For running errands, don't be afraid to go a little crazy with color. The bright yellow Kate Spade jacket can be worn over a boring sweater! But matched with the lime mary-janes and you have yourself quite a bold outfit!
3) So you need to wear boots (it is realllllly cold!), pair a plain long sleeved shirt with a cropped shrug and a bold necklace.
Now I may be looking forward to jeans-all-the-time weather. May.