To say I was a nerd in middle school would be an outright understatement.
I was the stereotypical "middle schooler."
Frizzy hair? Check.
Knobby knees? Check.
Math league? Check.
Despite all these (quite embarrassing) shortcomings, I loved middle school. I loved that we were out of elementary school, but not quite ready for high school. We lived in our own little world of strawberry lipgloss where boys were suddenly "cute."
I learned so much during middle school, both academically and emotionally. I am still friends with my middle school friends. I had weird and crazy and memorable "boyfriends." I traveled to Italy with my BEST friends.
Dorky College Prepster over there on the left! (White sweater, pink polo, obvi.)
First ever "school dance."
(Please laugh with me, and not at me!!!)
7th grade... getting taller. And much more awkward.
Our 8th grade dance. A big deal.
I'm not sure if I would necessarily go back to middle school. I mean, I didn't have a Chi. But, I definitely am so thankful for the wonderful experiences I had.
Why am I bringing back all these weird memories?
I had a seventh grader email me. It was just about the cutest and sweetest thing ever. My heart was melting. I remember being 12. And because I love doing these retrospective "what I wish I had known" things... (The Freshman 50 and The Freshman 50 Jr.)
Here's the pre-teen edition:
- Have as many sleepovers as you can
- Don't roll your eyes at your parents, they're actually pretty amazing
- Read every single assigned book
- Don't gossip. Ever.
- Boys still have cooties. And don't let your friends convince you otherwise.
- Talk to your parents (or teachers) about any problem. And try to before something turns into a real problem.
- Set goals.
- Find your values and stick to them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Be silly.
- Do a sport and stay active.