In order to have full disclosure here.... I have not been happy lately.
It's probably a combination of being terribly sick, stressed to the max, a looming graduation date, and an unsure future.
Yep. Talk about awful.
My to-do list is seeming more and more like a form of torture. (And let me tell you, school is beginning to really get in the way.)
Here are my five ways to have a happier day:
1. Scrolling through Instagram seriously makes me happy. I think I have a borderline unhealthy relationship with the iPhone app. Finding a new fun person to follow can be a highlight in my day. (Oh, and I definitely follow a bunch of Disney Channel stars... totally like a loser.)
2. Tall Skinny Vanilla Latte... yes, please. I really go out of my way for this one. On days when stress levels are running extra high, I don't even bat an eye paying the ridiculous price for the best drink in the world.
3. My nail polish collection has gotten a bit out of hand (no pun intended). But the good news is that I typically have a few stashed away that I've never tried out before. I love digging through the pile of polishes and finding a new color! (Plus, as strange as it seems... painting my nails is quite therapeutic.)
4. I start and end every day reading. It's basically a drug. I need it to clear my head before I really get going into my day... and I need it to clear my head at the end of every day! (If anyone has any book recommendations, feel free to leave them in a comment!!!)
5. Wearing ballet flats (that don't hurt, of course) can essentially make every day a little brighter!!! There is just something about ballet flats in general that make me smile. They're like candy... for your feet.
What do you do to make your days better??? What would be on your list of five things?