I’ve been feeling gross. Truly and utterly gross. It’s just so hot outside. The humidity makes my hair frizz right on up, so I’ve resorted to sporting a bun on the top of my head. My feet are constantly sore and hurting from swelling (seriously) in my shoes… even plain sandals are a pain! And my apartment? Remember how freezing it was during the winter… well now it’s boiling. The fans and the window unit are simply not cutting it.
Anyway, I’m just simply not feeling so fresh every day.
I swear, I take two or three showers a day. It’s the first thing I want to do when I get home and it’s the best way to start the morning. But there are a few quick things that I’ve been doing that help to make me feel more refreshed throughout the day… without jumping into the shower.
Simple Ways to Feel More Refreshed:
(1) Wash Your Hands | Seems so simple. Honestly, the simplest thing in the world. (And also something we do, like, eight times a day.) But using a luxurious soap (my favorite is Molton Brown) at the end of the day is like a quick trip to the spa. Well… sort of. But I swear it works. I feel so much better when my hands feel clean and smell great.
(2) Slip Into a Men’s Shirt | This is my secret weapon. Even though it’s long-sleeved, I instantly feel cooler and calmer when I’m wearing a loose men’s shirt. Rolling the sleeves up and wearing around my apartment is the best after a super long day in heels.
(3) Drink Tons of Fruit Water | Most of the time, the heat makes me crazy dehydrated. I’m not the kind of person to voluntarily drink water. But being dehydrated, in addition to being simply unhealthy, makes me super anxious. It’s never a good combination. Getting flavored water, or even better sticking fresh fruit in a class, ensures that I’m drinking enough water throughout the day.
(4) Stay Fresh Faced | Often, I am running errands around town and I just start to feel like I’m melting. I wear a light amount of makeup during the day, but sometimes (when the going gets rough) I just have to just take the plunge and go sans makeup. These wipes are great to throw in your handbag and just use throughout the day.
(5) Pull Your Hair Up | Again, I’ve been wearing my hair up almost every single day. But sometimes I’m stubborn (#guilty) and attempt to wear my hair down. 99% of the time, I get frustrated after just an hour. Long hair, don’t care. That’s what ponytails are made for.
How do you stay refreshed?