I really can’t believe I’m 24 today. That’s serious mid-twenties. Wasn’t I just counting down the moments until I was in the double digits? Wasn’t it just yesterday that I was waiting anxiously to get my drivers license… to go to college… to move to New York City?
I feel like every year goes by faster. I’ve accomplished a lot so far and I’m just beyond excited (and ready) to accomplish even more. I have a feeling that this year is going to be the best one yet.
Mackenzie has a 101 in 1001 list, but it’s way too intense for me! I opted to do a 25 before 25 list. (Which in some ways makes me feel like I’m turning 25… sheesh! I have a whole year for that one.)
Between today and my 25th birthday, I want to accomplish everything on this list! I think it will be a fun way to do some things that I really have always wanted to do. Some will push my outside of my comfort zone. All will be amazing memories.
- Visit The Met, MOMA, Guggenheim, The Cloisters, and The American Museum of Natural History. (I’ve been to a couple of these, but I need to go back!)
Travel to another country. (My postponed trip to Paris is still in the works!)
- Take a trip solo! (Maybe a personal beach weekend alone?)
- Go to a ballet. (Can you believe I haven’t been to a ballet in the city yet?)
- Throw a dinner party. (Note to self: Must find more chairs for my apartment.)
Be featured in a magazine… or write for one. (Queries, here I come.)
- Take a cooking class. (Because I’d rather use someone else’s oven than mine.)
- Unplug completely for a full 24 hours. (#unplug)
- Stop drinking soda. (No more poison.)
- Attend a midnight showing of a movie. (Already planning on Divergent… March 2014)
- Leave a 100% tip. (I love this and can’t believe I haven’t ever done it before.)
- Finish writing my book! (Long time coming people, long time coming.)
- Run a 5k. (Who’s with me?)
- Skydive. (Welp.)
- Go apple picking! (Every year I plan on doing this and it never happens!)
- Take a class with General Assembly. (I’m dying to sign up!)
- Watch all of the Harry Potter movies. (I have refused to watch the last one until now!)
- Go to a concert. (I’ve only been to two– High School Musical & Backstreet Boys)
- Ice skate in Central Park. (With a date, well wouldn’t that be nice?)
- Collaboration/Project with Mackenzie. (So many things in the works already!)
- Eat something with Ketchup. (I know, crazy times.)
- Visit Georgetown again. (I haven’t been back on campus since graduation.)
- Get acupuncture. (DYING to go. Everyone at work raves about it.)
- Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. (Seems like I should, you know?)
Have my palms read. (One part terrified, one part intrigued)
Now here’s the thing. I’m not going to be competitive with myself. I will not beat myself up over not accomplishing everything. I am going to do this for fun and document it along the way.
Have you ever made a “bucket list”? What’s on yours?